Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trinity Electronics - the most precise electronics in the world

edited August 10
Just received this new preamp from Trinity a few days ago. The design remains a prominent worshiper of minimalism...2 inch thick chasis with a newly designed set of vibration feet. The sheer weight is almost double the previous version which comparatively speaker looks more like a laboratory equipment than a commercial product. Obviously the new chasis design is not purely for the asthetic reason, it is cut from the core of an aluminium block to ensure the molecular alignment is most perfect....this is part of the vibration consideration which would normally not be revealed to the consumers. To us it is just another one piece of solid aluminium.

Performance wise, it exhibits a lightning fast transient unleashing lots of microdynamic details. Compared to the prevoius version, it is obviously more 'colorful' on the tonality and with an even more lower noise platfrom even without the ground wire. In this new chasis, the ground wire post disappears and according to the designer, ground noise has been properly dealt with and the use of an external ground wire becomes unnecessary.

It stimulates my enjoyment of music by the tuneful flow of rhythm, fast and smooth without the harshness which often resulted from attempting to focus only on the speed.

More to report...

Comments

• Marvel bro, this serious line is made by the ultra precise German guy - Dietmar. We never really understand the structural aspect of soundstage until this piece. Most people misunderstand soundstage means width and depth but what it the soundstage lacks content within? A soundstage needs to be continuous. They should not render a feeling of discreet dotted lines. Anyway, the availability of double XLR outputs is good for subwoofer connection. And don't forget to add a linebacker to it. I wonder how Angel of Analog Domain can challenge this linestage.
  • And the Bivium linestage by Synaestec is equally strong contender in the solid stage line stage category too. It is the most quietest preamp ever measured. But it may not be the most dynamic from a Trinity perspective. Anyway, both are very good.
  • And did Jlam ever reveal the ultimate weapon from Robert Koda in the preamp category? Nowadays the adoption of "placement" sales model means you may not know what's forthcoming as what they represent everything is state of the art.

I am longing for the ultimate fight between two super amps due this summer. One is the Dalby Tri mono versus the .......... from our long time friend
  • Bro Voy,

Bivium has got me back to solid state...

Another "....." creation.

Des
  • Voy, I also want to echo with you that a soundstage needs to be continuous and stay in the same shape at different volumnes. That dictates how good or bad the control aspects of the amplification stage as well as the room acoustics. We can certainly not be able to re-create a concert hall within the four walls of our listening room, it is the feeling of the virtual space and the 'contents' within which that frame the soundstage.

My first encounter of Trinity is their phono and before getting it, I was shown the graphical measurements of the equipment and I was shocked by the linearity shown in those graphs...I am truly convinced on the precision of the equipment without which any assessment on the sound quality is not going to be accurate.
  • I was discussing over lunch with a colleague who owns a mini-hifi at home...our conversation went on discussing his dream system when he started talking about the mega size and weight components....

Whilst tehre is always a good reason to build chasis with substantial mass for vibration/damping control, I am also a believer of LSI circuitry and technology is driving towards miniature design and yet delivering higher and higher performance. Trinity is one brand which has been designed and made in the same philosophy. Whenever I listen to music in front of the Trinity Supreme, I always wonder why such a small piece of preamp can sound so grand without any slight hint of its physical appearance. Of course after seeing the laboratory measurements and hearing the actual performance of their components, the Trinity phono, preamp, etc, I am utterly surprised by the genius adoption of all the exotics stuff inside. Just the costs of getting those miniature components from the market and integrate them into a masterpiece under a slick and minimalist circuitry design is already something worth adoring!!
  • Marvel,

I echo your judgment. The trinity is put side by side with another top tube preamp with 3 chassis for a heads on comparison. Other than subjective tastes (often in the mid range tonality area), the Trinity is much faster, much more open, and much more transparency. The pace of the music rights itself. When the tube preamp is back on the chain, the pace wrongs itself.

It is true that when our eyes are closed, you could not believe the slim Trinity could reproduce full scale orchestra with ease and bass punch with attack and presence at the same time.
  • Recently, I put the Trinity Supreme preamp on the Subbase board and yield an even darker background and more distinctive pictorial soundstage. If one judges the Subbase board with its solidly build outlook and weight, one may have a perception that it will overdamp the sound particularly the Subbase board has no feet underneath it. To some extent, the Trinity (or whatever gear) on top of the Subbase board is just like 'grounded' on the floor but somehow isolated from the mechancial vibration both from inside and externally induced.

Am I writing in the wrong thread in sharing my view on Subbase? Not entirely, the Trinity Supreme, when integrated with the Subbase, has really shown its true color as a ultraend preamp and when one reaches this stage, it simply disapppears from the chain!! T
  • Marvel bro, when is your K15 due?
  • Voy, are you getting. K15? When is yours due?
  • My dear marvel bro, I am waiting for it like everyone else. It all depends on PT's placement scheme. By the way, had you accomplished any breakthru in sound quality of your system lately? Given your proximity to PT and Jlam, you must learn a great deal from them. Of all of the guys in the AE community, you are the one that I am longing for a visit.
  • Oh by the way, Jlam told me you secretly procured the real deal cost no object TRINITY DAC by Dietmar in Germany. He is the real authority in this field. Did you read the white paper? His work is the conclusion in the field of DAC. There is no need for any debate unless one is deaf. I was told by an old distributor of dCS in Japan - Henry Dien - that after the experience of Trinity DAC, the dCS is just another "me too" dac. Dietmar concluded his lifetime work in just one slim chassis. Oh dear, that is not the mainland Chinese wants, damn it! damn it! They like 4 boxes to show the shit off. But Dietmar kills them in seconds. There is no competition, no debate and no fucking shits here. Then should we wonder why they need 4 fucking boxes to do a lesser job when someone can do the same job and better in miles and miles in one single box? But the mainland chinese dosen't care. They need something big with loads of advertisement.

My dear marvel bro, you better make the best of Dietmar's work in your system. Don't stain it, ok?! Am I too straight forward?

Where the hell is Dietmar's DAC now in Hong Kong? The answer says everything: in the hand of PT for private use. Why? Do you know fucking why?
  • VR, by placement only.
  • Voy,

Thanks for your encouragement, I will make best use of the Trinity equipment in my system to reproduce the most precise and original music from the recording. To me, my room deficiency is still the biggest challenge for me to achieve the most optimal balance of the sounding. I need to learn more not just from Jlam/PT, but also the secret weapon of AE: Master Chik, the house vinyl expert of AE, indeed he is also a master tuner on speaker positioning. The magic in AE showroom will not be there without the final touch by master Chik....

The slim chasis of Trinity is simply cool, just like the Kung Fu master Yip Mun compared to the big bulky Arnold Schwarzenegger....4 pieces with tons of cables....build to impress the eyes but not ears....

The Indigo DAC is however another ear catching piece as shown in the new Brahms owner's system in another thread. I haven't had a chance to listen to it either but again, I was told a few are already using their DAC and phono...all by placement....

Marvel
  • VR,

To be fair, the latest dCS V system is excellent. I listened to it a few times in Beijing and Hong Kong. The presentation is natural with with high density in the mid range. But I don't like the 4 chassis design, which occipies too much space. Additional cost on power cables and digital cables can easily cost another DAC.

I find the dCS sound more natural on string and vocal than Opus. On the other hand, it is also clear to my ears that the Opus does a better job on piano and symphonies. In the end, I did not make the decision to change if something is lost though something is gained but at the expense of more space and cable cost.